No Chill Sugar Cookies30 mins 4 Dozen Ingredients:
2/3 c butter
2/3 c shortening
1 1/2 c sugar
1 tsp almond extract
4 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
I don't know about you but I have a hard core sweet tooth. I have a weakness for sweets, and especially cookies. I mean they are just so dang good. Something about the winter time gets me wanting Sugar Cookies. Maybe it is because of the decorating and Santa, or maybe cause since it is cold outside I don't mind having the oven on.
So if you haven't figured out yet, I love to bake. Baking for me is a stress relief. Which I guess is a good thing and a bad thing-- depending on how many I keep at home. Ha! This last week I decided to make these for my dad. He LOVES these and I knew he could use a cheer me up cookie. I can't blame him they are pretty dang good.
So early in the morning on the Friday he was having surgery I got to work with my little baking assistant. Let me tell you I LOVE this recipe because I don't have to refrigerate the dough. Every other recipe I have tried I have to spend about an hour or more waiting to get that dough ready which just throws off my groove and my necessary taste testing. So with recipe I can taste test right away which is GREAT.
So let's get to it shall we?
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. We want it to cycle at least once before we put the cookies in there so we get even baking temps.
- Cream together: Butter, Shortening and Sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Beat in Eggs & Almond
- Add in Flour, Baking Powder and Salt. Mix until just mixed. Don't over mix, it will make the dough tough which makes your cookies tough.
- Gather your dough up and roll it out on a floured surface. Roll to 1/8-1/4 inch thick. The thinner the dough the crisper the cookie. I personally like my cookie thicker so they are soft.
- Lay on parchment lined cookie sheet about 1" apart. Bake for 8 minutes and remove. The cookie will not show any browning on top but the bottoms will.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Ice as desired.
Try hard to just have one.. but you have been warned, you will most likely want more than one.